Impressions of Nakano Broadway – First Day of Shopping
Warning, this is NOT a picture of me!!!!!!!! I found this picture on Flickr!
I think sometimes this vacation of mine, is an elaborate shopping trip. (sighs). Yep so this morning I woke up at 5am. Will try to adjust to the time change asap, but it is going to be hard on my family who is also in a time change of their own, and I call them at really bad hours.
Anyhow this is what kinda happened in a long winded food nutshell. Profound impressions/issues, I need to write them, when I don’t feel like I want to collapse. >_<
After seeing Rai off to work, walked really early to Nakano Braodaway.You would have to be an anime lover to really enjoy this place.. and not mentally scream at seeing favored products.
Ate at McDonald’s hot dog for breakfast.Walked to Nakano Broadway. Stopped by Family Mart – brought drinks. Then stopped by another Drink Vending Machine – brought Hot Coco. Nakano Broadway was pretty deserted, so I walked there, stopped and brought an onigri, stopped and waiting for the store to open up, ate a slightly more filling breakfast at Cafe Miyama. Waited for there for about a half and hour. Stores weren’t really opened so went to downstairs, had a pineapple crepe. Had one of the best Takoyaki ever a while later. Then got Welch’s grape juice for a pretty low price!
Finally stores began to open up, and I went to Mandarake for the first time, and man what an experience it was.. so this is what I got from Madarake area today.
- Two tea cups for about 350 yen.
- Disney Puzzle – Am contemplating on going back again to buy another or two puzzles!
- Luffy, Brooke, Carue, Franky, Chopperman Figurines.. with my eyes set on obtaining Shanks and Portuges D. Ace as well. >_< . Refer here for info and pictures! Nearly broke the piggy bank on this one. Definitely spent over close to $500 for five figurines. Moy said to have at least enough money to go back to the U.S. and yes, but that doesn’t mean that I didn’t go nuts on this second day of Japan.
- Sailor Moon Art book Vol 1. So sad that I cannot find more of this out of print collector’s set. Would still hope to find it!
- Sailor Moon cards – KareKano cards -Evangelion cards… omg I know that I would have doubles.. but my god.. the cards and sets! Contemplating on going back for either more Sailor Moon sets or Yu Yu Hakusho.
Walked back to Rai’s aparto after this, and I felt like an granny. It was so heavy and very hot. I hate the fact that I packed the wrong type of clothing.. >_< It felt like 80’s June-July weather! Also my bag broke, so now I am hefting around things, in a plastic bag.. >_<
Got lost for a while, and was thinking, where was I? Finally made it back up here. Went and ordered from Amazon.co.jp.
Two Dr. Slump Collector’s Set DVD
Black Lagoon Shen Hua figure.. >_<
Spoke with iceblueaya for a bit. Then rushed to meet up with Rai at Shinjuki, where we went to that gigantic Kino! I was so excited. Got another book! Had Okonomiyaki for dinner at this self-making resturaunt. I had buta flavored, and Rai had Squid flavor – pretty delicious.
We left by train, but before that had Green Tea flavor Taiyaki! Was crisper than Mitsuwa, have a fear that I won’t be able to compare things afterward w/o thinking of Nipon flavors.. T_T
Exhausted, but still moving! Well tomorrow would be another bigger day.
Food and purchases… ah such is life! Oh and I am not going to try the UFO machines, since I worry about wasting more money than not.
Have to figure out how to send things back to 801megane. Also going to Otome Road tomorrow night with Rai…quite excited! I know I need to upload pictures to Flickr, and I will tomorrw when I feel more rested.. >_<