Emphasizing on aspects of Convention manners..
– La’Arc En Ciel: Link
As fans, there are conventions – but conventions does not mean you:
- Start screaming left and right at the top of your lungs about things being neat or cool – That’s why you go to the Con.
- Do not get in the way of guests promoting their reason of being in the reason, if they’re in the con for promoting something else, don’t ask them about their other jobs.
- Start assuming that you are superior to everyone else in terms of knowledge, because that makes you appear to be an obnoxious individual.
- Start assuming that your fandom is best – because it is often not.. and yes I am referring to various fandoms, that makes the fan base pretty obnoxious – ie. Yaoi fangirls…
- Start booing, or being rude or insulting to the guest – if they didn’t plan the program to fit your needs… I remember assumption was done at the Yuri Panel last year at NYAF…. so that was a turn off.
- Respect the eardrums, personal space of other convention people around you.
Yes even though those are common courtesy.. that might be conveniently forgotten by fans in their enthusiasm to get close to their hobby inspiration… so this might be an early reminder for convention goers – under any convention attending agendas.